Wednesday, December 5, 2007

My Birthday in Spain

Yesterday was my 22nd birthday, and I had a great day! I woke up to my phone ringing early in the morning... it was my mom and my sister calling to sing "Happy Birthday" to me! Then I called a friend from home and we ended up talking for an hour and a half, until the credit on my phone ran out. By then it was quarter past nine, so I had to quickly get ready and rush off to school! Then when I finally got to school, I found out that both of the teachers that I have one-on-one conversation classes with on Tuesdays couldn't have class, so I basically had a free day. I couldn't go home though, because after school I was going to Victoria's house to tutor her daughters. When I got there, they all surprised me with a birthday present (a nice, soft blanket), cards (written in English of course!) and even a birthday cake with candles. What sweet kids!


Teresa and Maria (they only had one '2' candle, so they improvised!)

Then later that night, Rachael, Erin, Nuria, Jerry and I went out for dinner at an Italian restaurant in Rota, which I hadn't even realized existed! We finished the night off with some drinking, pool, and hanging out in an almost empty bar (it was Tuesday night after all) called "Los Arcos" until 2:00 am. Good thing I only had an hour of work today!