Friday, February 16, 2007

Certificate of Good Health

This has definitely been the most frustrating aspect of this application so far! I needed a letter from a doctor for my application, which will also be used later on for my student visa application. However, I can't seem to figure out exactly what is supposed to be written in this letter, other than that I am in "good health." Gisela from the Embassy hasn't been much help, as her e-mails are very vague. I tried calling a couple of Medicentres in the city, but it seems they don't even write these kind of letters. As a last resort, today I went into the University Health Centre to see what they could do for me. The doctor basically looked at my throat and ears, declared me to be in good health, and signed a one-sentence letter stating this. Gisela declared this to be just fine. So much trouble for such a simple letter!