Wednesday, February 7, 2007

So little time, so much to do

I've officially started the lengthy application process. Today I emailed a prof at my university to get him to write me a reference letter. Now I just need to get a background check done, get a letter from a doctor stating that I'm in good health, and get some photos developed of myself. Not to mention finish filling out the never-ending application form... I really think they could organize this form better too. I mean, they leave you hardly any space to type, yet they seem to want your life story!

I also started to think about booking a flight soon... I'm thinking I will try to use airmiles if possible. That way I can afford to come home for Christmas and I don't have to book my final flight home just yet. I'm just not quite sure exactly which dates I would book it for, since I have no idea when Christmas holidays in Spain begin and end. I emailed a woman named Gisela Conde at the Embajada de Espana in Washington, D.C. today, and she was able to help me out, although she did suggest that I wait to make sure I'm accepted before I purchase a flight, just in case, but I've made up my mind to go to Spain either way.

After all, what else do I have to do come September?