Saturday, October 6, 2007

Córdoba

Since we have a long weekend, Rachael and I are taking advantage of this fact and we are in Córdoba visiting some language assistant friends of ours. We got a ride to Seville yesterday with our neighbour Nuria, who is from Spain, but teaches English at Rachael’s school. She was nice enough to drop us off at IKEA, so we could stock up on the few remaining things we needed for our apartment. I was quite excited to buy a real quilt, as it has already been getting cool during the night in Rota. The weird thing about going to IKEA in Spain was that everything in the store was exactly the same things that you see at IKEA in Canada. I even saw some of the exact same furniture that I have at home.


Anyways, now we are in Córdoba until tomorrow, (staying with our friends for free!) so hopefully I will have some interesting things to post about soon! So far I really like Córdoba, and I am even a little bit jealous that we didn’t get placed in a bigger city like our friends. Although, we do have the beach in Rota, and it’s hard to beat that!