Friday, January 11, 2008

Back to school

Well, I didn't exactly go back to school yesterday... but I did get to go to Rachael's school, the other high school in Rota. They were having a presentation for the students about why it is important to learn other languages and they wanted me to be one of the speakers. I had to speak once in French, then once in English. Then after I got a tour of Rachael's school and met some of the teachers. It was an interesting presentation, and it was also nice not to have to go straight back to work my first day back in Spain.

Normally I would have had to go back to school Jan. 8, as the students here have pretty much the same Christmas holidays as back at home. Luckily, I was able to talk to the head of the bilingual program at our school and get a few extra days off to spend at home. They seemed pretty flexible, which was great. If only I would have thought of taking the days off BEFORE Christmas, maybe my flights home would have gone a lot more smoothly!