Thursday, July 12, 2007

Response from my school

A woman named Carmen e-mailed me today to answer some of my questions about the school. I think she's the head of the English department of the high school where I will be teaching (I.E.S Castillo de Luna) She says that their bilingual program is not up and running until September 2008, so my job will mainly be to help the teachers with their English and to help them find suitable English resources for teaching subjects such as Science and Math. She also said I will get to sit in on and help out with some of her English classes though, so it seems like I will get a nice mix. It's great to be in contact with someone in my town, especially since she's offered to help me find housing once I get there.


I.E.S. Castillo de Luna

I've realized over the last few days that many of the other assistants are getting to Spain a week or more early to find housing, so I've adjusted my trip schedule and cut out a few places so that I can be there by the last week in September. This also makes me a little less stressed out, since I will have some time to get settled in before school starts.