Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Useless Spanish consulate!

I have to say, the consulate in Toronto has so far been absolutely, completely useless! This visa application is yet another series of jumping through hoops, trying to find out what I need and how to apply. It's been very frustrating so far. And their website doesn't even work, no matter how many times they e-mail me the link to it!

Luckily I did get a hold of a nice guy at the consulate in Winnipeg. He went over everything I needed to apply and patiently answered most of my millions of questions. It doesn't help that the application itself is very confusing though. I think I'm almost ready to mail it in, and I'd better do it soon or I'm not going to get my passport back in time, since I need to mail it with the application! Good thing I had my passport extended a few months ago, and didn't have to wait too long for it in the mail, or I would have been in some serious trouble trying to apply for my student visa!