Thursday, July 12, 2007

What application fee???

The Spanish consulate phoned me today... to tell me that I "forgot" to enclose my $125 money order with my visa application! I knew that something like this would happen, but the lady at the Toronto consulate refused to double check my application over the phone before I mailed it! And the so-called "helpful" guy at the Winnipeg consulate is actually still under the impression that it is free to apply for this student visa, just like he told me when I asked how much it cost. I have no idea how I was expected to know about this money order, considering that it is not listed in any of the places I have found information about visas. Another girl I know from Edmonton confirmed that she didn't know that the application cost anything either. This is so frustrating! Now my application will be delayed at least a few more days, and I'm already worried that I won't get it on time to leave August 30th!