Thursday, November 1, 2007

Halloween

Although today was Halloween, it pretty much passed us by without much notice in Spain. I've been talking to my teachers about Halloween all week, but on the actual day of the big event, Rachael, Erin and I had no plans. I was only at school for just over an hour today, as I only had one class, but I didn't see any costumes or decorations at all.

In this short amount of time, I did however have at least 3 different teachers tell me that I was not dressed appropriately for the weather. Keep in mind that although the weather has started cooling down here in Rota, and it was fairly windy today, it was still about 20 degrees Celsius. They all told me that the reason I was sick with a cold is because I was wearing sandals and not proper shoes! Apparently in Spain, it is a widely held belief that when your feet are cold, it causes all sorts of problems and it is just not good for your health! Either way, it was nice to have people worrying about me.