Saturday, November 3, 2007

Toledo

So yesterday I arrived in Madrid for the long weekend (Thursday was All Saints Day, so we also had Friday off). I am staying here with a friend named Princess, who is another language assistant and is working here in Madrid... I know, I really need to widen my circle of friends here.

Anyways, today we decided to go to Toledo, which is about an hour by bus outside of Madrid. Toledo was once the capital of the Spanish Empire, but now it's mostly just a small medieval town popular with tourists. The old part of the city is located on a mountaintop above the Tagus River, which meant that from the top, there was a beautiful view.

Princess and I overlooking the city of Toledo.

We got up late, took the bus, and then just wandered around the city, so it was very relaxing. It was a beautiful day and we managed to see both the cathedral and the Alcazar while still having time to get completely lost in the side streets of Toledo!

Catedral de Santa MarĂ­a de Toledo