Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Tutoring

Today I started tutoring two of the sweetest girls ever! They are the daughters of one of the teachers that I work with at the high school. She found out that I was interested in giving private English classes, so she asked me to tutor her two girls. Since she lives in El Puerto, 15 minutes away from Rota, she will be driving me to her house after school every Tuesday. Then I eat lunch with her and her family, and play with/tutor the girls for a few hours (she basically left the length of the "classes" up to me and said to stay as long as I wanted. Then I just keep track of these hours and she will pay me at the end of the month!

So far, things are going great! I love these girls already, and I think they like me too. Maria, who is eight years old, already asked me to sleep over at their house tonight, and she also wanted me to go to her English class! Teresa, who is twelve years old, speaks English well and understands a lot of what I say. Maria understands a lot less but has a better English accent than most of the adults I've heard speak English here.

This job came at the perfect time, as I was starting to get really bored here in Rota! At least this will occupy one night a week!