Saturday, September 8, 2007

Courier blues

I used to think that as soon as my visa was approved, that would be it. No more worrying... but boy was I wrong. Yesterday, the woman in change of visas at the Consulate of Spain in Toronto explained to me that I had to set up the courier service myself if I wanted to get my visa and passport back sooner than 2-3 days (the amount of time it takes with the XpressPost envelope they normally mail them in.) So I called Purolator, and they were very helpful. They set everything up so that my visa would be in Edmonton by today (Saturday). All the woman from the consulate had to do was fill out the sender forms with my address. Apparently she did so, but then refused to put her signature on the envelope and slammed the door in the Purolator driver's face! And now I just found out that she neglected to check the 'Saturday Delivery' box, so my visa won't be here until Monday morning and I fly out Monday afternoon. Luckily, although I was supposed to fly out of Calgary (which would be fairly stressful and involve a LOT of driving on Monday), I got Aeroplan to add a connection from Edmonton to Calgary free of charge! So now I just have to pick up the passport/visa before noon on Monday and go straight to the airport. Wish me luck!