Sunday, September 16, 2007

Settling In

Whew! I'm finally all settled in Rota. It's very stressful hauling heavy suitcases around the country without knowing when I'll have a safe place to put them! Especially since it's been above 25 degrees Celsius every day that I've been here. Now I have a beautiful apartment, overlooking the beach, and I have the whole place to myself for one more day. My English teacher had already found the place for me, and set up a last minute appointment with the landlord for me to see it the night I arrived. I loved the place, so we didn't even have to look any farther. Today I had a massive cleaning day, as it seemed like it hadn't had a good cleaning in a while.

Tomorrow, a Spanish teacher arrives from Seville and she will probably stay with me until the end of the month at least. I'm looking forward to it as it gets pretty lonely living by yourself!

Check out my pictures from Madrid here and Rota here.