Thursday, September 6, 2007

Visa status update

I think I'm still in shock from the news this morning... my visa has been approved! And I was beginning to lose all hope! The only problem now is that I'm supposed to fly out on Saturday, and the consulate is not ready for the courier to pick it up until tomorrow. Which means I have to postpone my flight yet again, although likely it will only be for one day. Which means I might get to leave as early as Sunday, unless the courier service screws up or something else unforeseeable happens. Good think I'm all packed and ready to go!

Apparently I made a mistake on the application form and put my departure date as September 30th instead of August 30th. I don't know if that is what caused the delay, but let that serve as a lesson to anyone else applying for their visas to check the application over VERY carefully, just in case!